Stockton Cardiology Medical Group has been in place for fifty-six years, and is proud to be on the cutting of edge of advanced cardiovascular care.
A few of our notable history facts:
- In the early 1950’s, doctors Donald Fowell and Edward Caul determined there was a need for cardiologist services in Stockton. In the late 1960’s, led by Dr. Kamenetsky, Dr. Fowell, and Dr. Caul developed the first cath lab in conjunction with the first coronary care unit.
- Dr. Diamant joined Stockton Cardiology in late 1960 and was instrumental in establishing an education and protocol for CPR in this community.
- During the same period, Dr. Caul began the echo program. Our in-office echo program is ICAEL certified.
- Dr. Kamenetsky and Dr. Mas Kamigaki did the first cardiac cath in 1972. Four years later Dr. Chothia joined Stockton Cardiology and with Dr. Kamigaki continued to develop the Heart Center.
- In 1974, Stockton Cardiology and Dr. Morrissey promoted the first heart surgery, at St. Josephs’ Medical center.
- Stockton Cardiology Medical Group, Complete Heart Care, Inc., as it is known today, was incorporated in 1979.
- Dr. George Charos joined the group in 1985. He was the first electrophysiologist. Dr. Charos created the EP lab at St. Joseph’s with the financial support of Stockton Cardiology Medical Group.
- In September of 1981, Dr. Mas Kamigaki started the first in-office Nuclear lab in Northern California. We are ICANL certified as an in-office Nuclear Lab.
- Dr. Surrender Raina was at the forefront in enhancing the angioplasty and stenting procedures.
Our physicians are pleased to be a part of a team that believes in maintaining the strong infrastructure that was established many years ago, and is prevalent in the practice today. Excellent and kind patient care is always the primary focus of the group. Get in touch with us to learn more!